Slivered almonds give this baked cod recipe a crunchy coating. Spinach cooked in garlic and tossed in mustard, almonds, and raisins makes a healthy, flavorful accompaniment.
1. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Place cod fillets in a large resealable plastic food storage bag; add vermouth and seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Toast 1/3 cup of the almonds in a small skillet over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant; set aside.
4. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Finely chop remaining 1/3 cup almonds; place in a pie plate and set aside. Remove cod from vermouth and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with the salt, then spread tops of cod with 2 tablespoons of the mustard. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and press into mustard.
5. Place cod on baking sheet, almond-side up, and bake at 400 degree F for 13 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. While fish cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring often, or until onion is softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add spinach in batches and cook 4 minutes, turning with tongs, or until spinach is just wilted.
7. Remove from heat and stir in remaining tablespoon mustard, toasted almonds and raisins. Remove cod from oven; serve with spinach.