- 1 can (19 ounces) white beans, drained and mashed lightly
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spicy pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped, pitted, black kalamata olives
1. In large bowl, mix beans, veal, Italian herb seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
2. Fill manicotti shells with mixture, about 1/4 cup each. Place in 13 x 9 x 2-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with chicken broth and pasta sauce. Cover with plastic wrap; vent at one corner.
3. Microwave on 100% power 5 minutes. Turn dish 180 degrees. Microwave 5 minutes. Turn dish. Microwave 15 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle cheese over manicotti. Sprinkle scallions and olives over cheese. Microwave, uncovered, 3 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 222, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 30, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 894, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.