Servings: 10 to 12 Yield: 12 cups Prep 20 mins Stand 1 hr Slow Cook 6 hrs 45 mins
- 1 pound dried cannellini or other small white beans (2 2/3 cups)
- 2 carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta, such as ditalini or small shells
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Rinse beans. In a large pot combine beans and 8 cups water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
2. Coat the inside of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add beans, 4 cups water, and carrots to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours.
3. Increase to high-heat setting. Add tomatoes, pasta, zucchini, beans, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 45 minutes more. Serve topped with cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 213, Fat, total (g): 1, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 13, vit. A (IU): 2235, vit. C (mg): 8, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 214, sodium (mg): 333, Potassium (mg): 1003, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.