Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 9 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from cobs (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon instant polenta
- 1 package (20 ounces) sweet Italian turkey sausage
- Fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Make It Stew
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and brown on all sides, 4 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
2. Top sausages with green beans, tomatoes and chopped rosemary. Whisk balsamic together with 3/4 cup water. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Polenta
3. Just before slow cooker is finished, bring 2 cups water and salt to a boil. While whisking, add 1 cup instant polenta in a steady stream. Continue to cook, whisking, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
4. Uncover slow cooker. Carefully remove sausage to cutting board. Stir corn kernels and 1 tablespoon instant polenta into slow cooker. Cover. Slice sausages and stir into stew. Serve stew over polenta; garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Tip For easier cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 350, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 57, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 927, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.