Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 30 mins Grill 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons chianti vinegar or other red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large summer squash (about 8 oz), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 8 ounces small carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 large shallots (about 6 oz total), peeled and cut into 8 pieces
Beans and Orzo
- 6 ounces (1 1/3 cups) orzo as per package directions
- 1 can (14.5 oz) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dressing
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, mustard, 1/4 tsp of the salt and the black pepper. Gradually whisk in oil; add sage, parsley and basil. Set aside.
2. Heat a gas grill to medium-high or the coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot. Lightly grease grates.
3. Brush vegetables with dressing. Grill about 5 minutes per side, until crisp-tender. Brush with additional dressing and turn as needed to prevent burning. Cook in batches if necessary. (You may want to use a grilling grid for thinner vegetables.)
4. Arrange grilled vegetables on a platter. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Serve with Beans and Orzo. Beans and Orzo
5. Cook 6 oz (1 1/3 cups) orzo as per package directions. Toss with 1 can (14.5 oz) butter beans, drained and rinsed, 1 tbsp of the dressing, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp grated lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 502, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 74, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 770, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.