Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Grill 14 mins
- 8 medium mushrooms (about 4 oz)
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pkg (5 oz) baby kale
- 1 pkg (5 oz) baby spinach
- 1 medium cucumber, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 whole wheat pitas, warmed
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Grate mushrooms and half the onion into a large bowl. Add lamb, chicken, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of the salt, 1/4 tsp of the pepper and the allspice. Mix together well. With wet hands, shape into 6 patties.
2. Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, vinegar, feta, mint, oil, sugar and remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Slice remaining onion into half-moons.
3. Grill burger patties 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through. Toss kale, spinach, sliced onion, cucumber and tomatoes. Place 3 cups salad on each plate and top with a burger patty. Serve with dressing and warm pita on the side.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 476, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 105, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 724, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.