Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (20.8 ounces) ground turkey breast
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Set aside 1 cup of the beans. Combine remaining beans, turkey, jalapenos, green peppers, poblano, onion, garlic, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1/2 teaspoon coriander and broth in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours, stirring once halfway through.
2. Mash reserved beans. Stir in mashed beans, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.
Tip For easier cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 241, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 581, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.