Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Cook 17 mins
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped stuffed green olives (optional)
- 4 hard rolls, split
1. Heat medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey; cook, breaking up turkey with wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
2. Spoon turkey into colander to drain excess fat. Wipe skillet clean with paper toweling.
3. Heat oil in skillet. Add onion, green pepper, oregano, cumin and chili powder; cook, covered, 6 minutes, until softened, stirring occasionally. Add turkey, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and olives, if using. Bring to simmering, uncovered; cook for 5 minutes. Serve on rolls. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 432, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 59, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 991, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.