The Mexican dish known as picadillo makes a tasty filling for tacos. Although usually made with ground beef and spices, here ground turkey blends deliciously with cinnamon, cumin, and allspice.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and crumble in the ground turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and turkey is no longer pink. Stir in garlic salt, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, pepper and tomato sauce. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, heat taco shells at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
4. Add corn to turkey mixture and heat through, about 2 minutes.
5. To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup of filling into each warmed taco shell. Garnish with lettuce, sour cream, cilantro and onion, if desired. Serve with tossed salad.