Servings: 6 Yield: Makes 6 sandwiches Prep 25 mins
- 1 piece (4 ounces) Parmesan
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 round loaf crusty Italian bread (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 pound packaged oven-roasted turkey breast, sliced
- 1 jar (about 10 ounces) garlic-and-herbflavored roasted red pepper strips packed in oil, drained
- 1 bunch arugula, stemmed
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 5 plum tomatoes, each cut in sixths
1. Shred 2 ounces Parmesan. Shave remainder with vegetable peeler.
2. In food processor, combine shredded Parmesan, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and 2 teaspoons oil from tomato jar. Puree until tomatoes are mostly chopped and good spreading consistency, 1 minute.
3. Transfer 1/2 cup to small bowl. Whisk in yogurt, milk, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper for dressing.
4. Cut bread into 12 slices, 1/2 inch thick. Spread with remaining tomato spread, tablespoon per slice. Make 6 sandwiches with turkey, pepper strips, arugula and shaved Parmesan.
5. In bowl, mix cucumber, tomatoes and reserved sun-dried tomato-yogurt dressing. Serve with sandwiches. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 581, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 81, sat. fat (g): 14, carb. (g): 56, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 1680, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.