If you want an Indian dish that will appeal to the whole family, try this turkey loaf seasoned with garam masala. To continue the theme, the slices are served with nutty basmati rice and mango chutney.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat vegetable oil. Add onion, carrot and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in Garam Masala; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Let cool.
4. In large bowl, mix together moistened bread crumbs, turkey, eggs, ketchup, mustard and salt. Mix in cooled onion mixture and liquid from skillet. Spoon turkey mixture into prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on instant-read thermometer, about 1 hour. Remove loaf pan from oven; carefully pour out any accumulated liquid from pan. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
6. Remove loaf from pan. Slice and serve with rice and chutney. Makes 8 servings.