Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs 40 mins HIGH heat or, 8 hours on LOW plus 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 cups medium-size cauliflower pieces (from a 2-pound head)
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bone-in turkey breast half (about 2-1/2 to 3 lbs.), skin removed
- 1 10 ounce box frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 13 ounce jar mango chutney, optional
- Cooked rice, optional
1. In a small bowl, stir together the curry powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir 2 teaspoons spice mix into chicken broth along with the sugar.
2. Place cauliflower, chickpeas, apricots and golden raisins in a 6-quart slow cooker. Tuck in cinnamon stick. Rub remaining spice mix into turkey breast. Place on top of vegetables. Pour broth around meat. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-1/2 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
3. Remove turkey to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. If necessary, increase heat to high. Stir green beans and cornstarch-water mixture into slow cooker; cover and cook 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
4. Cut turkey into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Pour a little juice on top; serve with vegetables plus chutney and rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 423, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 130, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 54, sodium (mg): 621, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.