Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 1 min Slow Cook 5 hrs (low) or 3 hours (high)
- 1 boneless turkey breast for London Broil (about 2-1/2 pounds; such as Shady Brook Farms)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 cups mixed salad (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place turkey into bowl and top with onion. Add cilantro sprigs then pour in broth. Sprinkle turkey with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover; cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
2. Remove turkey to a cutting board and keep warm. Strain liquid into a saucepan. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 3 tablespoons liquid from saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk cornstarch mixture into saucepan and cook 1 minute or until thickened.
3. Remove sauce to a serving bowl and stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, yogurt and chopped cilantro. Cut turkey into slices and serve with sauce and a side salad, if desired.
Tip For easier cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 235, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 76, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 7, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 48, sodium (mg): 388, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.