Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 13 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (4 ounces) sliced mixed mushrooms
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 package (24 ounces) heat-and-serve polenta (such as San Gennaro), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Crumble in ground turkey and add basil, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in marinara sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in heavy cream.
3. While sauce is cooking, heat a grill pan and grill the polenta slices until heated through. Serve sauce over heated polenta slices. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon grated cheese.
4. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 388, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 98, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 960, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.