Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 17 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian-style turkey meatballs, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, cooked following package directions (optional)
1. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, 7 minutes; don't let garlic burn.
2. Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, cumin and oregano, breaking up tomatoes with wooden spoon; cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
3. Add beans and meatballs to saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
4. Serve chili over cooked white rice, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 297, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 980, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.