- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 package (12 ounces) regular or whole-wheat couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chutney OR: 1 cup peach preserve plus 1/4 cup orange juice
- 8 ounces cooked deli turkey breast, cut in thin strips
- 2 medium-size peaches, pitted and sliced (see Note)
- 2 green onions, trimmed and finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lettuce leaves
1. Bring water and curry powder to boiling in medium-size saucepan. Stir in couscous and salt. Cover saucepan; remove from heat. Set pan aside 10 minutes or until water is all absorbed.
2. Stir chutney (or preserve and orange juice) into couscous. Add turkey, peaches, green onion and lime juice; toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for several hours or until well chilled.
3. To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on 6 plates. Dividing equally, spoon salad over lettuce leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 332, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 17, carb. (g): 64, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 929, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.