This kid-pleasing skillet meal is bright, colorful, and satisfying. The turkey meatballs mingle with pineapple, green pepper, and carrot in a tangy sauce.
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, green pepper and carrot; saute 5 minutes, until onion is softened.
2. Stir in broth, tomato sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, pineapple with juice and ketchup. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Meanwhile, soak bread in milk in large bowl until milk is absorbed. Add turkey, zucchini, egg, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Shape turkey mixture into 12 meatballs, about 2 tablespoons each.
4. Drop meatballs into simmering sauce; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until cooked through; turn over once during cooking.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in rice; cover; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork before serving. Makes 4 servings.