Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 4 slices turkey bacon (2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size red cabbage (about 2 pounds), shredded (about 8 cups)
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large McIntosh apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Cook bacon in large nonstick pot over high heat until crisp, 5 minutes. Crumble into small pieces; reserve.
2. Heat oil in same pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add cabbage; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in apple cider, vinegar, sugar, salt and apple. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is softened, about 1 hour. Remove from heat. Stir in bacon. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 86, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 6, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 252, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.