Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins Grill 6 mins to 8 mins
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausge links, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil OR: 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 log (1 pound) prepared polenta, sliced 1/2-inch thick (12 slices)
1. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals, or heat gas grill to hot, or heat oven broiler.
2. Coat medium-size nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Add sausage; saute over medium heat until sausage starts to brown slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion; saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes
3. Add tomatoes, ketchup, garlic salt and pepper to skillet; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened but still chunky. Stir in basil.
4. Meanwhile, grill or broil polenta 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and heated through.
5. To serve, arrange 3 slices of polenta on each plate. Top with sausage mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 278, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 71, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 1157, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.