Servings: 6 Cook 23 mins to 28 mins
- 1 12 ounce package smoked turkey andouille sausage, or turkey kielbasa, sliced into coins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun spice seasoning
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
1. Cook andouille sausage or kielbasa, onion, green pepper, and celery in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add Cajun spice seasoning and bay leaf; cook 5 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove bay leaf. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 355, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 44, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 51, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 1069, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.