If you don't have a favorite spaghetti and meatball recipe, this one might be it. The meatballs are made with a mixture of ground turkey, roasted peppers, and mushrooms and added to a classic style spaghetti sauce.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.Meatballs:
2. Finely crumble bread into small bowl. Add milk; let stand to soak.
3. Chop 1 cup of the mushrooms. Place in medium-size bowl; add 1/2 cup red pepper, the ground turkey, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, dried onion and soaked bread. Add egg. Mix well until ingredients are evenly blended.
4. Using about 1 slightly rounded tablespoon of turkey mixture for each meatball, shape mixture into about 32 meatballs. Place on prepared jelly-roll pan.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 165 degrees F.
6. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente, tender but still firm.Sauce:
7. Heat oil in large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes. Add remaining mushrooms and red peppers from meatball ingredients; cook 4 minutes, stirring. Stir in tomatoes, paste, sugar, garlic salt, flakes. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
8. When meatballs are cooked through, transfer to tomato sauce in skillet; gently stir to coat meatballs with sauce.
9. Drain spaghetti. Transfer to large serving bowl. Top with tomato sauce and meatballs. Makes 8 servings.