Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Cook 35 mins to 40 mins Bake 375°F 10 mins
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups converted white rice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound sliced smoked turkey, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch pieces
- Orange Dressing (recipe follows)
1. Add water to wild rice in saucepan to cover by 2 inches. Simmer, covered, 35 to 40 minutes until rice is tender and starts to split open. Drain; cool under cold tap water. Drain.
2. Cook white rice according to package directions. Drain; cool under cold tap water. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, spread coconut evenly on a baking pan. Bake in preheated 375 degrees oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
4. Combine rices, peppers, onion, parsley, papaya, coconut and turkey in large bowl. Add dressing; mix well. Makes 10 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Whisk together orange juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Makes 1-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 23, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 2, pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 76, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.