Servings: 12 Yield: two 6-serving meals Prep 30 mins Bake 1 hr 10 mins Cook 9 mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 cup unseasoned whole-wheat bread crumbs mixed with 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend (such as McCormick)
Gravy and Sides
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced mixed mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- 3 cups cooked wide noodles (optional)
Make It Meat Loaf
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Coat a large roasting pan with canola oil.
2. In large bowl, mix turkey, onion, carrot, bread crumb mixture, Parmesan, ketchup, eggs, salt, poultry seasoning and garlic-pepper. Divide in half; form into 2 loaf shapes. Place each in prepared pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Gravy and Sides
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth, wine, poultry seasoning and salt. Simmer 3 minutes.
4. If desired, serve 1 meat loaf with half the gravy and the mashed potatoes. Refrigerate second loaf and remaining gravy for a second meal with noodles.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 332, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 165, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 750, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.