Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Roast 400°F 1 hr
- 1/2 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, cored and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 sweet red peppers, seeded, cored and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 frankfurter rolls, toasted
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place sausage in the pan and roast for 15 minutes.
2. Place peppers, onion and potato in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add vegetables to the roasting pan and stir to combine with sausage. Roast for an additional 45 minutes, stirring twice, until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and stir in vinegar.
3. To serve, spoon 1 generous cup of sausage and peppers over each toasted bun.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 350, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 683, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.