Servings: 6 Yield: 12 biscuits Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins Bake 450°F 8 mins to 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf sage, crumbled
- 2 refrigerated tubes (4.5 ounces each) buttermilk-flavor biscuits
- 1 pound turkey sausage links, halved lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, sweet peppers and sage to skillet; saute for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Remove the vegetable mixture to a platter and keep warm.
3. Prepare biscuits according to package directions, baking at 450 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, saute sausage pieces in same skillet as above until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes.
5. When biscuits are done, split in half. Sprinkle bottom half of each with 1 teaspoon of cheese. Spoon a small amount of onion-pepper mixture over cheese and top with 2 sausage pieces. Cover with biscuit top and serve warm. Makes 6 servings (2 biscuits each).
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 363, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 63, carb. (g): 25, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 1037, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.