1. Heat oven to 425 degree F.
2. Place potatoes, carrots and parsnips in a large roasting pan and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Roast at 425 degree F for 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
3. Rub turkey with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with remaining salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Press turkey into the vegetables and continue to roast at 425 degree F for 45 minutes or until the temperature reads 165 degree F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Remove turkey, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest in a warm place. Stir vegetables. Roast for an additional 5 to 10 minutes if necessary until fork tender.
5. Thinly slice turkey and serve with roasted vegetables alongside. Makes 8 servings.