Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 6 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped kale, thawed and drained
- 2 cans (13-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf marjoram, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
1. Saute kielbasa, onion and garlic in oil in large pot over medium-low heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Add to the pot the chicken broth, 4 cups water, carrot, marjoram, salt, pepper and sliced fresh kale stems or frozen kale if using. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes longer.
3. If using fresh kale, add the leaves at this point along with the rice to the pot. Bring to boiling. Lower the heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 168, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 23, carb. (g): 30, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 762, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.