Yield: 8 pizzas Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 15 mins Cook 11 mins
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet green pepper, cored, seeded, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces turkey sausage, casing removed
- 3/4 cup bottled tomato-pesto pasta sauce
- 4 sandwich-style English muffins, split and toasted
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Cook onion and garlic in oil in large skillet for 2 minutes. Add peppers; cook 2 minutes. Add turkey sausage, breaking up with a wooden spoon; cook until turkey is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
2. Spread pasta sauce over each muffin; top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Makes 8 pizzas.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 156, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 30, carb. (g): 11, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 429, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.