A yummy maple syrup and soy sauce mixture gives this holiday favorite a sweet and savory bite.
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Season turkey cavity with salt and pepper. Stuff with onion, carrots and celery. Tie up legs or tuck them into flap of skin. Place turkey in a large, deep roasting pan; roast at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes.
3. Whisk soy, maple syrup and butter in a bowl.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast turkey at 350 degrees F, basting every 15 minutes with soy sauce mixture, for 1-1/2 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180 degrees F. Remove from oven; tent with foil.Gravy:
5. Scrape pan drippings into a fat separator. Pour de-fatted liquid into a medium-size saucepan. Add chicken broth and wine. Whisk in flour and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.