Here' a low-fat recipe for the classic pasta dish made with cream, eggs, and bacon. With the aid of fat-free half-and-half, egg substitute, and turkey bacon, each serving has only 7 grams of fat. Enjoy!
1. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
2. Cook bacon in skillet 5 minutes. Whisk half-and-half, egg substitute, flour, nutmeg, salt, pepper in bowl.
3. Add pasta to boiling water; cook until al dente, tender but still firm.
4. Add peas and cream mixture to skillet; cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, 5 minutes (do not heat quickly or sauce will separate).
5. Drain pasta; dont rinse. In bowl, mix with sauce, cheese, parsley.