- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup packaged dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared shredded carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch escarole (1 pound), cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
1. In bowl, mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Shape rounded teaspoons into 1-inch meatballs (about 50).
2. In saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil.
3. Add meatballs; simmer 2 minutes. Add escarole. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 277, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 75, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 1506, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.