Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Bake 400°F 35 mins
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded
- 1/2 medium-size onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- 3 slices white bread, crumbed
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 ounces herbed rice pilaf
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen mixed pepper strips, cooked
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Finely chop sweet red pepper and onion in food processor.
3. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Add pepper mixture, beef, turkey, 1/4 cup chili sauce, crumbs, chilies, chili powder, salt, cumin and red pepper.
4. Pat meat mixture into 6-cup ring mold. Invert onto 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan; tap mold and remove (if necessary, slip thin metal spatula inside edge of ring). Reshape ring if necessary. Spread top of ring with remaining chile sauce.
5. Bake in 400 degrees F for 35 minutes, until center reaches 160 degrees F. Serve with accompaniments.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 480, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 136, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 52, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 1604, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.