Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic, pressed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound roasted turkey breast, cut into 2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium-size zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Simmer barley in water and salt in saucepan, covered, 1-1/4 hours, until liquid is absorbed and barley is tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine artichoke hearts with their liquid, lemon juice, garlic and green onion in large bowl.
3. Add cooked barley, turkey, zucchini, roasted peppers and black pepper. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 217, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 43, carb. (g): 16, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 949, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.