- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, egg, apple, mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add turkey and mix to just combine. Shape into 12 2-inch meatballs.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook about 15 minutes or until cooked through (165 degree F.), turning frequently to brown evenly. (Or, make 24 1-1/4-inch meatballs and cook for 12 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, prepare glaze. In a small saucepan combine apple juice, maple syrup, and vinegar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until reduced by about half and is slightly thickened,stirring occasionally.
4. Combine meatballs and glaze. Thread on skewers, if desired, to serve. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 348, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 112, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 29, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 21, pro. (g): 31, vit. A (IU): 194, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 463, Potassium (mg): 186, calcium (mg): 101, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.