Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 12 mins
- 4 sweet Italian turkey sausages (about 3/4 lb), casings removed, crumbled
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons jarred chopped garlic
- 2 cups sliced sweet red and yellow peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 8 ounce can no-saltadded tomato sauce
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peppers and Italian seasoning; cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce and simmer 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook orecchiette following package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
3. Gradually stir spinach into skillet. In pasta pot, combine pasta and sausage sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water if needed to loosen sauce.
4. To serve, spoon pasta into a large serving bowl. Top with shredded Asiago.
- Boost nutrition by adding bagged spinach to pastas, soups and casseroles.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 457, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 39, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 68, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 459, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.