Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Cook 18 mins
- 1 1/4 pounds thin, boneless, skinless turkey breasts, cut in half crosswise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Steamed green beans (optional side dish)
1. Dredge turkey in flour; season with salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp each of the thyme and marjoram.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil and the butter over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook in batches for 3 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to skillet. Stir in apples, shallots and garlic; saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, wine, cream, mustard, curry and remaining 1/4 tsp each thyme and marjoram. Simmer for 10 minutes over mediumlow heat, stirring occasionally. Serve with sauce and, if desired, steamed green beans.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 424, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 84, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 28, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 602, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.