Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Total Time 40 mins
- Olive oil, for the pan
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 pimento-stuffed green olives, cut crosswise into thirds
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Grease with olive oil.
2. In a large bowl mix the turkey, ricotta, Pecorino, red peppers, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and pepper with your hands until combined. Form the mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on the prepared sheet, spacing 1/2-inch apart. Press 1 pimento-stuffed olive piece onto each meatball.
3. Bake until the meat is cooked through (165 degrees F), about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on the pan; transfer to a serving platter. Serve with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 174, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 72, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 4, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): , pro. (g): 19, vit. A (IU): 338, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 7, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 393, Potassium (mg): 48, calcium (mg): 125, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.