Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Stand 1 hr
- 1 jar (4.75 oz) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large round crusty Italian bread (about 11/4 lbs)
- 1/4 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (12 oz) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced American cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine olives, tomato, olive oil, celery, garlic, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and black pepper.
2. Cut Italian bread in half crosswise. Spread bottom of cut side with half of olive mixture. Layer on roast beef, Swiss cheese, red peppers, turkey and American cheese. Spread remaining olive mixture over cheese and top with other half of bread.
3. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and weigh down with a heavy pot filled with canned goods for at least an hour. Slice into 10 wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 364, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 34, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 33, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 1006, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.