Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 23 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, cored, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Sour cream and sliced scallions, optional
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add crumbled turkey and brown for 4 to 5 minutes, breaking large pieces apart with a wooden spoon.
2. Add chili powder, oregano and coriander. Cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and add onion, pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes with their liquid, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
4. Stir in drained beans and 1 tbsp of the chopped cilantro. Heat through, 2 minutes. Serve with sour cream and scallions, if desired.