Servings: 5 Active Time 15 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Half a Roma tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups stemmed and thinly sliced spinach
- 1 demi baguette, sliced lengthwise
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbs. mayonnaise, divided
- 2 cans (5 oz. each) low-sodium chunk light tuna packed in water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 4 tsp.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Sweet potato fries, for serving
1. Warm broiler on low with a rack 6 inches from heat. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Toss diced tomatoes and spinach with oil-and-vinegar dressing. Set aside.
2. Arrange baguette halves, cut-side up, on a baking sheet, and spread each with 1 Tbs. mayonnaise. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together tuna, mustard, shallot, dill, red bell pepper, celery, pepper, and remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise. Taste and season with salt if desired.
4. Spread half the tuna mixture on each baguette half; top with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Scatter the salad over the baguette. Slice and serve immediately, with sweet potato fries.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 5; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 368, Fat, total (g): 26, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 605, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.