- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and sliced strawberries (optional)
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, canola oil, and eggs.
3. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and melted chocolate.
4. Add batter to a preheated, lightly greased regular waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Cook until done, 5-6 minutes. Use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Top with whipped cream and sliced berries, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 187, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 20, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 19, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 28, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 17, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 110, Potassium (mg): 76, calcium (mg): 67, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.