Servings: 10 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs on low
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 13 corn tortillas
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, peppers and garlic. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, cumin and salt. Simmer 2 minutes. In a large bowl, combine cheeses.
3. Line a round 4-quart slow cooker bowl with a slow cooker liner. Coat liner with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Fit 2 1/2 tortillas into bottom of slow cooker; top with 1 1/2 cups of the chicken mixture and 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture. Repeat layering three times. For the final layer, fit 3 tortillas into slow cooker. Top with remaining chicken mixture and cheese.
5. Cook on LOW for 4 hours. Let cool at least 30 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 468, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 1002, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.