- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 medium bananas, one mashed and 3 sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Maple syrup
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the butter, buttermilk, egg, and mashed banana. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over-mix.
3. Heat the canola oil on a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drop the pancake batter on the pan by 1/4-cupfuls; spread if necessary. Arrange 3 to 4 slices of banana on the uncooked side of each pancake. Cook the pancakes until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Top each serving of pancakes with the remaining sliced bananas. Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 407, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 44, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 77, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 44, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 242, vit. C (mg): 7, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 80, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 503, Potassium (mg): 504, calcium (mg): 200, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.