Servings: 2 Prep 10 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 cup no salt added pinto beans
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 8 inches whole wheat tortillas
- Guacamole, salsa, and/or sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mash beans with a fork. Spoon 1/2 of the beans and 1/2 of the cheese onto the center of each tortilla.
2. Fold each tortilla into a square. (If tortillas are too stiff to fold, place them between two dampened paper towels in the microwave for 10 seconds.)
3. Place tortilla pillows, folded side down, on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp and the insides are warmed through. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice, and serve with desired toppings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 2; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 299, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 41, Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 14, vit. A (IU): 242, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 63, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 435, Potassium (mg): 356, calcium (mg): 269, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.