Servings: 4 to 6 Yield: 6 cups Active Time 10 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can low-sodium chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional for serving
1. Combine the carrot, onion, garlic, and olive oil in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high heat for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, tortellini, and Italian herb blend.
2. Cover the bowl tightly with a glass lid or plastic wrap and cook for 8 minutes on high. Remove the bowl from the microwave, carefully uncover, and stir in the spinach. Let stand 1 or 2 minutes to allow spinach to wilt. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tip Please Your Pick Eater
- This ultra-easy recipe marries two of your kid's favorite foods: pasta and soup! Save any leftovers for the lunch box.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 383, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 52, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 8, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 18, vit. A (RE): 512, vit. C (mg): 25, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 59, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 858, Potassium (mg): 301, calcium (mg): 178, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.