Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 21 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 5 jarred pepperoncini, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 20 ounce package plus 1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Heat oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add green peppers and onion and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Cook 1 minute.
2. Stir in crushed tomatoes, pepperoncini and red wine. Simmer 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook 7 minutes or as per package directions. Drain and transfer to a platter. Top with sauce and grated Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 552, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 77, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 76, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 1040, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.