- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Weekend-Prepped Cheddar Cheese and Butter
- 2/3 cup 2% milk, plus more if needed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a 10-inch enamel coated cast iron skillet, combine the tomatoes, onion, oil and garlic. Season with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper. bake for 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, 1/4 tsp. salt, and cheese and butter mixture. Add the milk and mix until the batter just comes together. If it's too dry, add more liquid 1 Tbs. at a time.
3. Drop batter in mounds on top of the tomatoes. Bake 20 minutes more or until the tomatoes bubble and the topping is golden brown.
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
1. Grate cheese and butter. Store together in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 348, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 40, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 11, vit. A (IU): 2735, vit. C (mg): 39, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 108, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 710, Potassium (mg): 781, calcium (mg): 305, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.