- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 heirloom tomatoes (8 oz each), sliced into thirds horizontally
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze (such as Colavita), for drizzling
1. Using a hand mixer, beat goat cheese and heavy cream in a bowl until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat in chives and pepper.
2. Place the 4 tomato bottoms on a plate and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp of the salt. Spread 2 tbsp of the goat cheese mixture on each tomato bottom. Sprinkle about 2 tsp of the pistachios over each, then drizzle lightly with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Place middle tomato slice on top of each and repeat with remaining 1/8 tsp salt, goat cheese, pistachios, oil and glaze. Place tops on tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 351, Fat, total (g): 27, chol. (mg): 46, sat. fat (g): 13, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 415, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.