Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or pork butt, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green peppers, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 16 ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Sour cream and cilantro (optional)
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork in bottom of slow cooker and toss with oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Scatter onions, garlic and green peppers over pork, in that order. Pour salsa evenly over top.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Stir in cornmeal during last 15 minutes. Serve with rice and, if desired, top with sour cream and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 373, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 91, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 912, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.