- 1 14 ounce package extra-firm tofu
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Malt vinegar, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a very large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Cut each slice in half lengthwise to make 3x1-inch sticks. Pat tofu dry with paper towels.
2. Place the eggs in a shallow dish. Place the panko in a separate shallow dish and season with Old Bay, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, and 1/2 tsp. salt. One at a time, dip tofu in the egg mixture then in the panko to coat. Arrange on half of the prepared baking sheet. Coat tops of tofu tenders with cooking spray.
3. Toss the potatoes with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic powder, the rosemary, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Arrange on the baking sheet next to the tofu tenders. Bake until tofu tenders are golden and potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the coleslaw mix, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Serve with tenders, potatoes, and, if desired, malt vinegar.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 356, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 47, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 45, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 8, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 25212, vit. C (mg): 28, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 34, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 607, Potassium (mg): 745, calcium (mg): 369, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.